GUIDELINES ON WLA ENDORSEMENTS
Establish general guidelines for considering endorsement of those candidates and/or matters which support and/or uphold the WLA Mission.
A. WLA shall use reasonable efforts to communicate to interested parties that it will consider making endorsements.
B. Only those candidates actively seeking WLA endorsement shall be considered.
C. In making its determination on whether or not to endorse, WLA shall take into account factors set forth below. Weight given to any one factor shall be in the sole discretion of the individual Board member.
D. Upon majority vote of a quorum of the board, WLA may endorse one or more candidates, may decline making an endorsement, or may decline taking up the issue of endorsement.
• actively seeks WLA’s endorsement
• is qualified (based upon your definition giving consideration to the points below) -professional skill / ability / intellect -nature / scope / years of experience -temperament / demeanor for the position -impartiality -decisiveness -ethics / integrity -social awareness / community involvement -likelihood of getting appointment
• adopts WLA mission
• is female
• is a WLA member
• any other factor not otherwise specified which may weigh on the decision
A. Local, State, and Federal Judiciary
B. Boards, Commissions
C. Issues relevant to WLA
D. All other as determined solely by WLA
Join the WLA and Legal Services of Eastern Missouri for an afternoon basketball game of the Surge, St. Louis' Women's Professional Basketball Team
Sunday | July 15th | 2:05 PM
Washington University's Field House
330 N. Big Bend Blvd | St. Louis | 63130
Click HERE to purchase tickets.
Click HERE for more information, incluing sponsorhip opportunities.
For more information, please contact Amy Gunn, President of WLA
'Save the Date' for these upcoming WLA Events:
- WLA President's Party and Annual Meeting
- WLA Annual Gala and Board Installation Event